Thursday, August 1, 2013

Vellai kondakadali vadai (White chickpea vada)

Vellai kondakadali vadai (White chickpea vada) - 10 mins if soaked chickpea existOne day I soaked white chickpea for 12 hrs(konda kadalai) to make channa masala for puri. Suddenly the plan got changed my husband told to hotel with parents and sister family. I don't want to waste the channa. I can refrigerate and use next day but I decided to try making vadai. I had vazhai poo florets so thought of making channa & plantain flower (kondaikadalai & vazhaipoo) vadai.
Vadai tasted good and came out well.
Ingredients:-
Kondai kadalai - 2 cup (soaked over night)
Vazhai poo fingers - 10 (chop finely) (or) small onion - 10 finely chopped
Salt - to taste
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Ginger 1/2 inch piece
Curry leaves - 1 string
Fennel seed - 1 tsp
Oil - to deep fry
Preparation method:-
Grind the soaked kondai kadalai along with ginger to coarse vadai dough.
Mix the chili powder, crushed fennel seed, chopped onion or vazhai poo, curry leaves and salt with the ground vadai flour.
Make small balls using the dough and keep.
Heat the oil and keep in medium flame. Flatten the ball and deep fry the vadai. It will become crispy and golden brown.
Transfer to serving bowl. Vadai I made didn't absorb oil. If you want you can use tissue to remove excess oil.
Serve it hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment