Thursday, October 8, 2015

Making of channa masala powder

Home made channa masala powder - Preparation time 10 to 15 mins
I love to share the recipes i made so that people who want to learn can search and find out what they need.  When we visit some place and if they make some dishes new or different i will ask them how they made this recipe. But some won't share the recipe clearly and say just you put these things and do that way. I will simply move on thinking that why not we try creating it and share. Nothing harm will come in sharing the food or recipe it is a credit for you if you share and others make them tasty. :-)

I like channa masala and battura, but we can eat them occasionally. My mom used to prepare channa masala by buying the channa masala powder from specific brand. I thought of making it in home, so I can make only amount needed. If i go to store i have to buy the minimum amount they sell. I did my searching and found out want ingredients should go in for this spice powder.

I adjusted the spice to my preference and added(also excluded) the spice which i don't want. This came out well. I prepared masala in small quantity used required amount and refrigerated the remaining spice powder.

Ingredients:-
Coriander seed - 1 cup
Cumin seed - 3/4 cup
Cloves - 10
Cinnamon - 2 inch strips 2
Ajwain - a pinch
Cardamom - 4 (optional. I don't like cardamom flavor in spicy dishes so i won't use)
Bay leaf - 1

Preparation method:-
Dry roast all the above ingredients separately till aroma comes from each spices.
Cool all the roasted spices and grind to fine powder.
Store it in an air tight container and refrigerate.
You can use this for few months (if the spices you used to prepare are good grade). Home made channa masala powder is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment