Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Basundhi (Sunda kaichiya paal & paal aadai innipu)

Basundhi - Preparation time 45 mins to 1 hr
My dad used to order basundhi when we go to hotel. My husband also told that this dish & will be delicious. As I don't take much sweet I didn't have much idea about this sweet. I thought of trying this dish. I called my cousin and aunt to ask how they will prepare this dish and prepared in my way. Usually when my husband tell me about a dish he will mostly tell what ingredients will be present in it which is enough to bring the required taste.
 
Actually this is a very rich and tasty dish. Even if you take or serve in little amount the taste will linger in your tongue. Surely people who love sweet will like this dish.
 
Ingredients:-
Milk 1 ltr - Boil the milk in low flame and collect the milk skin which appears on top of boiling milk when it is not stir using a ladle. Do this process until the milk become thick i.e 1/4th
Saffron strings - little
Almond or Badam - 5 (finely chopped)
Pista - 5 (finely chopped)
Cashew - 2 (finely chopped)
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Preparation method:-
Boil thick milk along with saffron (crushed in milk) and sugar.
In a bowl transfer the boiled milk, chopped almond, pista, cashew along with the collected milk skin (paal aadai).
Slightly mix the ingredients and refrigerate it. Let it cool for 1 hr.
You can serve this chilled. This is very good and nutritious for kids. While serving to elders take care because it is high in cholesterol level.
Note : you can try adding little badam paste to make the dish even more rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment